mpontiff

mpontiff

The Shark Mutiny
Patrick Robinson
Tech Commando: C.A.D.S. (Book 3)
John Sievert
Big Book Of New Short Horror
Nick Medina, Michael McClung, Jessy Marie Roberts (Editor)
The Janus Legacy - Lisa von Biela

Jeremy Magnusson inherits the cutting edge company SomaGene after his estranged father does in an accident. Although he takes control of the company with some trepidation, it isn't until his Crohn's disease flares up that he finds out about a secret cure that his father was working on for him. Unfortunately for Jeremy, it comes with a slew of moral dilemmas for him. I don't want to give away too much of the plot so you'll need to read the book for yourself. :)

I love medical thrillers so I was extremely excited to read this one and it didn't disappoint! Before reading this novel, I had never gave much thought to the subject of cloning, animals or people. As I read through it, I found myself connecting more and more with The Subject and felt for him. I loved how Lisa introduced feelings into a clone and subtly pointed out that they can extremely similar to their natural counterparts. It certainly made me think twice about the ethics of cloning no matter what the goal is. It doesn't matter if you're for against on the issue, you need to read this just the same. It certainly made me stop and think and I bet it will you too. Highly recommended!